(Jr.) Project Coordinator - German Speaking
Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.
Our 10,000 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions:
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Total Rewards
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking a junior PMO who will partner with leaders in sales and human resources (HR) consulting to ensure that a project is planned, implemented, and executed in a manner that meets and exceeds client and internal expectations. This key role generally involves delivering tailored and customized HR solutions and professional services for small- to mid scale projects to a wide variety of local and global clients. The ideal candidate will have some project management experience in the Business or HR Consulting arena.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and executing various events within our Assessment & Succession business such as workshops, and seminars. They will also handle general administrative duties, including answering phone calls, managing calendars, and performing various administrative tasks.
We offer an intense learning environment in which you, together with your colleagues, will deliver top notch performance for our clients. We offer a place to develop continuously, to discover your own goals and values, and to develop your own qualities. We have a great eye for our people, and we believe in stimulating development through all kinds of training, peer mentoring, team intervision and no doubt frequent feedback and coaching on the job.
- Support delivery of work (manage client and oversee participants journey, scheduling*, platforms, instruments, results/output, logistics fulfilment, etc.)
- Manage contract to cash - review, monitor, action and report on financials for all allocated projects
- Self development - business and offering understanding and financial management
- Share financial, delivery and client insights and recommendations to input into profitable delivery
- "Provide support communications for project delivery (e.g. Communication with client and partner with RC for participants communications), work closely with engagement or revenue manager for project related inquiries
- Scheduling of one-off assessment requests and work that is typically not supported by RC"
- Act as PMO buddy to new hires
- "Manage small projects (e.g. Coaching, small scale assessments)
- Support project managers on larger projects"
- Creates basic project plans (for single work stream) and/or trackers based on best practices and project need
- "Ensure client commitments and contracts are being met by managing timelines and internal and external expectations
- Escalate issues of scope creep, resourcing or project risks to PM or engagement/revenue manager"
- Native German or near native level and fluency in English
- Experience in budgeting, planning, and executing successful events.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Must be able to work with little supervision, be detail-oriented, flexible in terms of hours and responsibilities as work requires, and able to organize multiple priorities and work deadlines (in accordance with local employment laws). Strong project coordination skills.
- High level of professionalism and ability to work with senior level executives.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint with the ability to learn challenging internal software programs.
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems is a plus.
- Financial Acumen.
If you are a detail-oriented and organized person with experience in event coordination and administrative support, we encourage you to apply for this position.
The Korn Ferry difference
At Korn Ferry, talent matters. We believe that when people are engaged in the right roles, developed, and rewarded, the firm flourishes. Ideas come to life and our business grows. The leaders who will shape tomorrow emerge. We know that the only pathway to greatness is through people.
We place a high value on progressing, developing, and nurturing our colleagues from the first day they arrive and throughout the entirety of their career – regardless of their role, line of business or region. We want Korn Ferry to continue to be a premier career destination – a place where each day colleagues are energized, developed, empowered and able to pursue their passions.
Development is however a partnership and because we attract top talent, we are a culture of self-starters who don’t wait for things to happen to them but instead take the initiative to learn and grow. Being insatiably curious and striving to be better today than yesterday are hallmarks of our most successful colleagues.
We expect a lot from our people, but we also believe in giving a lot back. We’re passionate about creating an environment where talent thrives, where excellence is always recognized and rewarded, and where every contribution matters. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas and to follow them through. And because we’re all about taking talent further, you can look forward to exceptional training and development opportunities.
We want to provide you with the opportunities that you need to develop your potential and realize your ambitions. That’s why we’ll make sure you enjoy continuous learning – from your colleagues, from on-the-job experience and from more formal programs. Through the Korn Ferry Institute, you’ll also have access to many highly valuable resources, including the industry’s top intellectual property around talent development.
A commitment to diversity is a commitment to harnessing untapped talents and igniting the human potential. We believe that the strength and value our team brings to clients and KF is a result of our collectively diverse workforce, with diversity of background, experience, and perspective.
We are committed to be an inclusive employer and value our people based on their ability to contribute to Korn Ferry’s goals, irrespective of other attributes. We are happy to consider flexible and agile ways of working to help you achieve a balanced lifestyle. As part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so that you understand from them what our culture is like. We also welcome candidates who are returning to work after an extended career break who have previous relevant experience.
Visit our website www.kornferry.com/careers for more information.
Internal Mobility at Korn Ferry
If you currently work for Korn Ferry or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Korn Ferry to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with your HR contact for the new position concerning application eligibility, including any immigration/visa needs, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.
Korn Ferry is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/ Veteran.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.