Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.
Our 10,000 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions:
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Total Rewards
This position is a key member of the corporate tax group for Korn Ferry, a global organizational consulting firm, headquartered in Los Angeles, California. This position will report to the Sr. Director – Tax and will work closely with professionals across the organization. This role is 100% remote. Primary responsibilities include:
- Preparing calculations for all U.S. State and Local income tax filings and managing the State income tax return preparation process
- Supporting the Company’s global income tax provision, with principal responsibility around the state income tax provision, and leading in all State tax accounting processes, including calculations of jurisdictional modifications, deferred tax assets/liabilities, valuation allowances, return-to-provision adjustments, apportionment, tax account rollforward and payable proof
- Managing the Company’s Sales and Use tax, property tax, and indirect tax compliance as well as actively addressing respective external and internal inquires
- Assisting and coordinating with other corporate tax functions as needed, including coordination with legal and payroll for state tax matters and registrations
- Managing all U.S. State and Local income tax, property tax and indirect tax audits, including unclaimed property audits
- Actively managing and updating the tax calendar and notice tracker for all state and local tax obligations and government inquiries
- Coordinating tax projects as needed and/or supervising external consultants
- Ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley 404 tax related internal control requirements
- Partnering with business and finance leadership to execute state and local tax planning strategies and further overall business objectives
- Providing general state and local tax support to other corporate and business groups
- Assist with monitoring current and proposed state and local tax law changes to identify and assess impact on the organization
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of tax experience, with emphasis on State and Local income tax accounting and compliance, as well as knowledge of sales and use tax law and concepts; a minimum of two years in public accounting, with remaining experience in industry, corporate and/or government. The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong understanding of U.S. State and Local income and indirect tax laws with a solid, working understanding of tax accounting pursuant to ASC 740
- Strong overall computer skills and proficiency in Excel; experience with SAP, Avalara, OneSource Tax (specifically OneSource Income Tax [OIT]) and familiarity with financial consolidation systems a strong plus
- Strong functional and technical tax skills, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage tax staff and projects, prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively manage external contractors and service providers
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as function well with independent responsibilities
- A strong drive to improve functional results, strong decision-making abilities and a desire to execute flawlessly
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with effective solutions.
- High energy with a willingness to “roll up his/her sleeves” is critical
An undergraduate degree in accounting is required. A current Certified Public Accountant certification and a graduate level degree with emphasis in tax are strongly preferred.
Internal Mobility at Korn Ferry
If you currently work for Korn Ferry or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Korn Ferry to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with your HR contact for the new position concerning application eligibility, including any immigration/visa needs, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.
Korn Ferry is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/ Veteran.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York or Washington, please click here for remote opportunities with Korn Ferry in your state.
Reference Job Id: 15466