Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.
Our 10,000 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions:
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Total Rewards
The Assistants work closely with the consultants they support, helping to deliver a high-quality service to clients during the administration of assignments and helping to promote and exploit business development opportunities. Our clients and candidates warrant a consistently high level of service and responsiveness. Inevitably, workloads can vary over time and between consultants.
There may be additional duties that are specific to an individual Practice, or to working with a Managing Vice President of a Practice or member of a worldwide committee, but the following are the main duties common to all of the Assistants:
Client Proposal Management
1) Client Proposals and Projects
• To support Consultants with various client projects.
• To assist in putting together client proposals with the required documents and slides.
• To liaise and follow up with Consultants on documents and slides required for client proposals.
• To make sure that all client proposals are sent and delivered within the required time frames.
• To make sure that all slides and documents in the client proposals are brand compliant and checked for content, spelling and grammar.
2) Client Files and Management
• To gather data and conduct research through the internet and intranet for client details / line of business.
• To update Korn Ferry systems regarding client data and information (Salesforce / Searcher)
• To make sure that all client files are maintained in an accurate manner with all documents correctly filed.
• To liaise with clients in and efficient and professional manner at all times.
• To ensure that Consultants CV’s and Bio data are up to date and brand compliant for client proposals
Assignment Administration (Executive Recruitment)
• Throughout the assignment process, develop an understanding of key client personnel, establish good relations with their PAs, and handle candidate and client enquiries with sensitivity, ensuring prompt responses by the appropriate personnel.
• On confirmation of an assignment, set up all files required during the project and ensure completion, distribution, and filing of European Engagement Forms and enter a skeleton engagement record in Searcher and details entered on to SAP.
• Schedule all briefing meetings, including the internal briefing of the researcher and the subsequent debriefing of the researcher, if a researcher is being used on the assignment.
• When advertising is used as the method for obtaining suitable candidates, the PA should handle all aspects of the placement of an advertisement, including preparation of quotes for costs, ensure space is booked with the relevant publications and incorporation of client amendments to the copy. Thereafter, ensure the acknowledgement of all advertisement responses and the addition of candidate details to listings and the proper storage of all applications.
• Mail company information and job specifications to candidates, when appropriate.
• Liaise with both candidates and clients to arrange interview appointments and ensure that the individual records on the Searcher database are updated to show they are being interviewed and/or shortlisted. Records for the individuals should have already been put onto the Searcher database by the Researcher. However, if this is not the case, as when candidates have been identified post research phase, the PA should create a new record, entering as much information as possible, and then pass the record on to Research for coding.
• Ensure the timely distribution of requests for written references for shortlisted candidates, file references as they arrive and chase those that are in danger of late delivery.
• Make arrangements for psychological assessments of candidates, as required by the client.
• Check shortlisted candidates’ educational qualifications with the appropriate bodies and record in the individuals’ files that this has been done.
• Liaise with the Researcher on the creation and printing of assignment reports for consultants and clients using the Searcher database.
• Ensure the prompt closure of assignments, the proper storage of assignment documentation, that all unsuccessful candidates have been properly turned off by the Consultant and that the individuals’ records on the Searcher and SAP databases are annotated to this effect.
• Ensure that Confidential Reports, Job Descriptions and proposals are linked to either candidate Searcher records or engagement Searcher records.
• Open, sort and read the post ensuring that all requirements for action arising receive a prompt response from the appropriate person.
• Answer and filter telephone calls, dealing with any queries, where appropriate, and ensuring that all messages taken are comprehensive and accurate.
• Ensure that general write-in letters addressed direct to the consultants receive an appropriate response promptly.
• Arrange travel itineraries, ensuring tickets are delivered in good time, and completion of the appropriate travel authorization forms.
• Book rooms for meetings as required and ensure that appropriate refreshments are supplied.
• Ensure Reception is kept fully informed about all expected external visitors.
• Coordinate business development meetings and lunches, issuing invitations, preparing guest lists and place cards, etc.
• Prepare mailing lists and coordinate the sending of the appropriate documentation.
• Prepare any presentational documents required by Consultants.
• Ensure that any business development contacts of the Consultants are entered on to the Searcher database and once on, along with the Consultant, ensure that any contact is annotated on the record. If the record is not already on the database, the PA should create a new record, enter as much information as possible, and then pass the record to Research for coding.
• Work as a team with the other PAs, supporting each other to ensure that all work is done. Individual PAs should coordinate appropriate internal cover for their consultants during short periods of absence.
• To ensure the Consultant’s expense claims are submitted on time to Finance Dept.
• To provide the time sheet of Consultants to Finance Dept on a monthly basis.
• To support Consultants in invoicing clients through Korn Ferry system.
Assistants must also have:
• Excellent communication skills; written, spoken as well as listening. Assistants will be articulate and persuasive, and able to communicate complex matters in a straightforward manner.
ROLE COMPETENCIES & SUCCESS FACTORS
The Assistant position at Korn Ferry is viewed as a critical support position. Successful Assistants have the opportunity to advance within the firm to Associate level and beyond.
COMPETENCIES & SUCCES FACTORS
An Assistant has exposure to various parts of the search process, and therefore must have:
• Good organizational and administrative skills.
• Ability to use own initiative.
• Excellent communication skills, with an eye for detail.
• Ability to handle issues of a confidential nature with tact and diplomacy.
• On occasions, ability to work under extreme pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Be observant of processes and persuasive in reminding and convincing g the team to return to the standard when deviating precariously from the corporate line
• Have a good sense of timing and project management
• The ability to multitask and remain calm even in hectic times
To achieve this, the Assistant requires:
• Practical application of intellect
• Maturity of outlook
• Problem solving and prioritization ability
• Communication skills – both written and oral
• Professionalism including integrity and ethics
• Ability to deliver quality in all its forms
• Strong team orientation
• High energy level
• Computer Literacy
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will have first basic professional experience and ideally, will have had exposure to one or more of the industries/functions that the firm focuses on in at least short-term assignments, or has demonstrated the nascent required skills already in a role in the Firm.
In addition to having excellent communication skills, oral, written and listening, the candidate must possess the ability to articulate and present his/her findings. The ability to manage multiple projects effectively is most important. The ideal candidate must be self-confident and self-motivated, dynamic, accomplished, and viewed as an individual who can advance within Korn Ferry.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated, have good judgment and possess superior interpersonal and evaluative skills. He/She will take direction well, be detail oriented and able to work well under deadline.
Internal Mobility at Korn Ferry
If you currently work for Korn Ferry or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Korn Ferry to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with your HR contact for the new position concerning application eligibility, including any immigration/visa needs, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.
Korn Ferry is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/ Veteran.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.