Accounts Payable Officer
Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.
Our 10,000 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions:
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Total Rewards
We are seeking a professional, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Accounts Payable Officer to join our EMEA Finance Team on a temporary contract basis. This presents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to contribute as a key member of our Accounts Payable team, in a growing and diversifying business, for the duration of the contract.
The role will be situated within the EMEA Shared Services Team, based in Prague. This is a pan-EMEA, temporary accounts payable position, where you will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate coding, processing, and payment of invoices, all in accordance with group Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
Ideal candidates should be well-organized with an ability to prioritise and manage time effectively, especially important in a contract role. The nature of this temporary position requires individuals who are adaptable to a changing, high-volume transactional environment. Applicants must be able to perform well under pressure, prioritise tasks effectively and possess a keen eye for detail, ensuring the continuity of excellent service during their contract tenure.
Responsible for the accounts payable function, which includes tasks such as:
- Review and process multi-currency purchase invoices.
- Raise intercompany notes and liaise with overseas counterparts to ensure correct treatment.
- Weekly payment runs for open AP items via online banking, adhering to approval processes and authorisation limits.
- Liaising with business and suppliers to resolve queries on a daily basis.
- Bank and cash – posting bank payments and receipts, liaising with the Management Accountant where necessary
- Weekly bank reconciliations for a number of currency accounts
- Expense processing using Concur, ensuring all business expenses are authorized and paid on a timely basis
- Processing credit card statements and ensuring rechargeable and non-rechargeable expenses are accounted for correctly.
- Involvement in the month end close process, including balance sheet reconciliations, journal bookings and queries
- Attending weekly AP calls and or meetings and provide reports when necessary.
- Working with internal and external audit
- Ensures adherence to internal controls (including Sarbanes-Oxley requirements)
- Any other ad hoc task
- Reports to the Accounts Payable Manager – EMEA.
- Part of a team of 8 responsible for the accounts payable function across EMEA.
This role will work with Project Managers, EAs, Partners and accountants of the relevant business units.
It is anticipated that the skills and experience of the successful candidate will include:
- Experienced in the Accounts Payable function;
- Professional and confident manner;
- Good communicator with stakeholders at all levels in the organization;
- Excellent attention to detail, committed, bright, numerate and enthusiastic;
- Team player with a good work ethic who thrives in a multi-tasking, deadline driven environment;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Experience with SAP (or other large enterprise wide accounting system), Concur, US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley would be helpful, but not essential; and
Fluent in English, a second language would be beneficial.
Internal Mobility at Korn Ferry
If you currently work for Korn Ferry or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Korn Ferry to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with your HR contact for the new position concerning application eligibility, including any immigration/visa needs, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.
Korn Ferry is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/ Veteran.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.